Monday, August 2, 2010

A work in process


Here is the painting that I am currently working on. It is based on a photograph of two shrimp boats laying boom in the Gulf of Mexico to help with the oil clean-up. I think it's kind of interesting to track the progress of a painting, so I thought I'd share it with you in case you are interested, too. I often think, when completing a painting session, that I haven't really made any progress, so keeping a record of the before and after of each session keeps me from getting discouraged.

Anyway, my daughter had a great idea of what I can do with this painting when it is done: I am going to contact the original photographer and ask permission to auction off the painting, donating the proceeds to a charity that is helping clean up the Gulf. Hopefully he will say yes. If anyone has any ideas as to how to go about auctioning a painting, please let me know. Thanks.













































No comments:

Post a Comment